Tuesday 19 May 2020

Lockdown

Corona Coronavirus Virus - Free image on Pixabay

It was my first time I experienced a lockdown!

Lockdown is a state of isolation or restricted access instituted as a security measure. We started lockdown on 26th of March 2020.  Coronavirus is a disease which makes people feel unwell and sick. Another name for coronavirus is COVID19. The government came up with 4 levels and in level 4 we all had to stay home as there was a lockdown. In total there were 1,149 people who were infected with the virus in New Zealand

Essential workers were the only people allowed to work. They include people like doctors, nurses, supermarket people, police officers, firefighters, St Johns  and  the rescue workers who were only working throughout the lockdown. There were non essential workers who were to stay home and it includes people like teachers, dental people and construction workers and so on. They didn't work because the Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern only wanted a few people to work so everybody in New Zealand doesn't get the virus.

My family and I were playing board games and walking around our place. My sister, mum and I were busy cleaning up the house and watching tv. I was doing my hangout lessons, my sister was doing her hangout lessons, my mum was doing her hangout and my dad normally went to work. After my mum was done with her hangout she cooked food for my family and she made yummy food. I felt like the lockdown was going to be long but it was amazing staying at home. 

By: Christian
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The lockdown was so scary!


Lockdown is a state of isolation or restricted access instituted as a security measure. New Zealand was put under level 4 lockdown on the 26th of March 2020. New Zealand went into lockdown because of COVID-19. Another name for COVID-19 is coronavirus.COVID-19 is a disease caused by a new strain of coronavirus. 'CO' stands for corona, 'VI' for virus, and 'D' for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as '2019 novel coronavirus' or '2019-nCoV. The government  came up with four levels. Level 4 was the most strict and 1 is the least strict. About 2,800,000,000 people are infected with covid-19 in the world. 


In level 4 only essential workers like factory workers, aged care workers, doctors, police officers, firefighters, St Johns  and  the rescue workers  and nurses were allowed to continue work,  but only if they follow a strict set of rules set by the government If they don’t follow the rules they were not allowed to work. These people were allowed to work because they were needed to keep the community safe. 


The people that aren't allowed to work are called non essential workers. Some examples of non essential workers are teachers, takeaway workers, dental people, construction workers, shop owners and so on. These people weren’t urgently needed, not like the essential workers.  The reason that unessential workers are not working is so that people don’t get too close to each other and pass on the virus to others. We didn’t want people to get sick.


At home in level 4 lockdown it was hard but also fun. The fun bit was I got to be with my family and do quality family things like going on bike rides and playing games. The games we like to play are chocolate ludo, Ono and monopoly. I also liked ironing and getting out the sewing machine. I learnt how to sew and made little sleeping bags for my toy animals. I slept in a tent in the backyard too. It was very dark and cold in the tent and sometimes I found it scary. But overall I found it more fun than scary and cold. I took turns at sleeping outside with my brother, Toby.  


Overall in Lockdown it was a lot of fun and I spent time with my family but sometimes I got bored.I was sad because I could not see my friends but when miss Kumar said that we were going to have google hangouts I was happy because I could see my friends on the hangouts. I hope that New Zealand doesn’t have to go into lock down again because if we do it will mean something another disease like Covid-19  is going to happen.

By: Pippa
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lockdown 


It was the first time the lockdown happened. I got very worried about it and I wanted to know what was going on.


The lockdown happened on March 26th, 2020. Another name for CoronaVirus is COVID_19. COVID-19 is a disease caused by a new strain of coronavirus. 'CO' stands for corona, 'VI' for virus, and 'D' for disease. The reason why New Zealand went under lockdown was because of the CoronaVirus. The government came up with 4 levels.  At level 4 we had to  stay in our own bubble so we won’t spread the Coronavirus. When we went to the shops we had to wear gloves and a face mask and some shops were closed. It all started in China in 2019. It was towards the end of November when the virus started. 

Only the essential workers were allowed to go to work. Some of the parents went to work at night and it is called night shift and my mum works night shift and the people that go to work at night they will come back home at 4.00am or 5.00am. Doctors were open but you have to make appointments and you have to pay a lot of money. The police officers were at the police station to help the public if there was a need. The non essential workers who were to stay home and it includes the teachers from the school’s, dental workers and so on.


We as a family had a great time. My family and I  went to my nana's house but my brother did not come. He was at home and I was so excited to go to my nana’s house because I got to see my sister Jade. She is 20 years old and when I got there I hopped out of the car and went inside and hugged her.  When I hugged her she was making a family dinner. It was steak, kimchi, vegetables and rice. We all had dinner together, stayed there for a bit and then we went home. 


I normally played games on my phone, helped my brother cook dinner and cleaned the room. I did some school work on my chromebook and went for walks. When I was in lockdown I enjoyed it so much because I like going to my nana’s house. 

By: Angelina
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lockdown
It was the first year the lockdown happened and I felt happy because I got to play with my sister, brother and husky.


New Zealand went under lockdown on the 29th of March, 2020. The reason why New Zealand went under lockdown was because of CoronaVirus. Another name of CoronaVirus is Covid_19. COVID_19 is a disease caused by a new strain of CoronaVirus.


Everyone had to stay away from people at level 4 who were not in our bubble for 2 metres and it’s 1 metre now since it’s level 2. COVID-19 is a disease that has spread all around the world and has been making people sick. Lots of people have even lost their lives. COVID-19 stands for CO stands for Corona VI stands for Virus and D stands for Disease. 


We always have to remember that we have to stay in our own bubble so that we don’t get CoronaVirus. We always need to stay away from our friends because we don’t know if our friends have the CoronaVirus and we don’t know where they have been. 


There were four levels of the lockdown and level 4 is the top level. At level 4 only the essential workers were allowed to go to work because if other parents would go to work then they might get the CoronaVirus. The essential workers include nurses, police officers, firefighters, ambulance workers, doctors, supermarket workers and rescue workers. Non essential workers include teachers, dairy shop workers, all the takeaway shop workers. They were all to stay home.


While on lockdown we as a family enjoyed playing hide and seek, tag and those kinds of games. The weather has been wonderful as well as the sun shone nice and bright this lockdown. During the lockdown when I went to the dairy the people that work at the dairy would only let one person in but if you are a child they will let you go in with an adult or sister. I always went to the diary on my own.

By: Jessie
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LockDown It was my first time that I have been in lockdown! Lockdown is a state of isolation or restricted access instituted as a security measure. New Zealand went under lockdown on the 26th of March, 2020. The reason why New Zealand went under lockdown was because of Coronavirus. Another name for Coronavirus is COVID - 19. COVID - 19 is a disease caused by a new strain of Coronavirus “CO” stands for Corona, “VI” for Virus, and “D” for Disease. It all started towards the end of 2019. The government came up with 4 levels. Level 4 being the top level and that’s when we went under lockdown. We all had to stay in our own bubble so we can stop the spread of the virus. Only the essential workers were allowed to go to work. This is so that they can serve the people. Essential workers include like. St John’s, Dental people, Supermarket workers, rescue workers, police officers, fire fighters, and doctors were the only people allowed to work throughout the lockdown. But the non essential workers are teachers, construction workers, dairy workers and so one. They did not work because the Prime Minister Jacinder Adern only wanted a few workers to work so that people wouldn't get the virus. My family and I had a great time. We normally played snakes and ladders and other games. We also watched television then around 10pm I did my hangout lessons which was from 10-10.30am. After that I had breakfast then I cleaned up my mess then I went in my room and watched some television. When I was finished I did my work then played outside. I then normally took shower, watched television in my room and played with my control car in the lounge. When the lockdown happened I was so shocked because I didn't really know about the lockdown then when the lockdown started I was kind of sad. Then I was so happy because I got to do hangouts with my teacher and my friends but then I got used to the lockdown. When my mum told me that the first day of school was on Monday the 18th, I got so excited for school. On Monday I got up, got ready to come to school. When I got to school I was so happy to be back at school.

By: Finau
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lockdown

Lock down is a state of isolation or restricted access instituted as a security measure.



New Zealand went on Lockdown 26 of March 2020. The reason why New Zealand went under lockdown was because of coronavirus. Another name for coronavirus is COVID_19. COVID_19 is a disease caused by a new strain of coronavirus. CO stands for corona VI stands for virus and D stands for disease. It started towards the end of 2019. The government came up with 4 levels. Level 4 being the top level and that’s when we went under lockdown. We all had to stay in our own bubble so we stop the spread of the virus


Only the essential workers were allowed to go to work. This is so that so they can serve the people that are on lockdown.In lockdown in New Zealand they were only these essential workers that were only allowed to go work like doctors, aged care workers, supermarket workers, police officers, fire fighters. Non-essential workers were not allowed to go to work such as teachers, dairy, all of the takeaway shop workers and so on. 

In lockdown me and my family were playing tag outside but not my dad and mum. My dad used to work. I lived with my cousins and my grandma during lockdown. I have enjoyed the lockdown because I get to spend time with my family.
By: Junior


1 comment:

  1. Hi Room 8 i like your covid-19 post of the Coronavirus poem its every nice

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.